Mentoring is most often defined as a professional relationship in which an experienced person (the mentor) assists another (the mentee) in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the less-experienced person’s professional and personal growth.
What does a Mentor do?
The following are among the mentor’s functions:
- Teaches the mentee about a specific issue
- Coaches the mentee on a particular skill
- Facilitates the mentee’s growth by sharing resources and networks
- Challenges the mentee to move beyond his or her comfort zone
- Creates a safe learning environment for taking risks
- Focuses on the mentee’s total development
What are the benefits of having a Mentor?
- The mentee is not alone and has an expert to guide them
- Minimises any pitfalls for the mentee, as the mentor has charted the waters before
- Increases the mentee’s network and relationships
- Can help the mentee develop a niche
- Can accelerate a mentee’s learning and development
- Have a sounding board for a mentee’s ideas
- Save time and energy
- Increasing motivation and inspiration for the mentee
- The mentee can get their business up and running more efficiently
If you are interested in a Mentorship Programme please use the contact form to email me or give me a call on 07876 578055, we can discuss how we can tailor a programme that will suit you and your future!
It is not about being a Superman or Superwoman, it is about being the best you, the Superyou!